CRISIS LINE: 1-877-890-5711
Programs & Services
Safe Housing Options
If you or someone you know is in need of safe housing, Pearl’s Place Transition House provides shelter and vital services for women, Two-Spirit, gender diverse, non-binary, and trans individuals. This includes a 24-hour crisis line, food, safety planning, and various support mechanisms. The Safe Home program offers short-term shelter and support, while the Homeless Prevention Program (HPP) aids those at risk of homelessness with rent supplements and other essentials. PearlSpace also offers affordable housing units on a short-term basis. For more details, contact PearlSpace directly.
For more information, please get in touch with the PearlSpace closest to you.
If you are in need of 24-hour crisis support, call the crisis line at 1-877-890-5711
Pearl’s Place Transition House
Pearl’s Place Transition House, located in Squamish, is a safe and secure environment for women, Two-Spirit, gender diverse, non-binary, trans people and their children and pets who are leaving abusive relationships or at risk of experiencing violence and otherwise unsafe living conditions. Abuse can be physical, emotional, sexual, financial, psychological, or verbal.
Pearl’s Place Transition House
Text option available 604-815-8596
Services provided at Pearl’s Place Transition House include:
- 24-hour/7 day a week crisis line
- Food and shelter for people leaving an abusive situation
- Phone support, referrals and safety planning prior to entering Pearl’s Place
- Transition House and ongoing support after leaving Pearl’s Place Transition House
- Support, referrals and advocacy while staying at Pearl’s Place Transition House
- Help completing necessary forms and/or applications such as Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction applications and BC Housing
- Referrals and support services for portable housing subsidies to minimize the risk of homelessness
- Provision of resource materials on IPV (intimate partner violence), the Family Law Act, Ministry of Child and Family Development, Ministry of Health, and Ministry of Social Development
Whistler and Pemberton Safe Home
24-Hour Crisis Line: 1-877-890-5711
The Safe Home offers temporary emergency shelter (typically 10 days) in a safe and secure environment for women, Two-Spirit, gender diverse, non-binary, trans people and their children and pets who are experiencing abuse in their relationships or at risk of experiencing violence and otherwise unsafe living conditions.
During this time, program participants are supported in making important decisions regarding their future and can receive emotional and practical support and assistance with issues regarding housing, income assistance, and employment.
While the decision to leave or remain in a relationship is yours, know that you are not alone. There are options. If you are experiencing violence or abuse in your relationship, please call our 24-hour crisis line. A trained support worker will help guide you through your options even if you are not ready to end the relationship.
Homeless Prevention Program
The Homeless Prevention Program (HPP) provides rent supplements and support services to women, Two-Spirit, gender diverse, non-binary, trans people and their children who are fleeing violence, homeless, and at risk of homelessness.
The supplement can assist with:
- damage deposit
- moving expenses
- storage of belongings while waiting to move into housing
- access to utilities
- home start up items
- costs that help secure housing and transportation to a housing opportunity
This subsidy is intended to be temporary and used for individuals in market housing where they are not able to pay their rent in full through income alone. The HPP subsidy program can also provide a one-time situational subsidy.
PearlSpace offers information on other housing subsidies, referrals to housing options, and support services to aid in securing housing.
Please contact a support worker at PearlSpace for more details and connection to our Homeless Prevention Outreach worker.